|Chronic exposures to hypoxia, hyperoxia, and hypercapnia can be simulated with ProOx/ProCO2 controllers|
|Simultaneously simulate multiple dynamic O2/CO2/CO/NO exposures with our OxyCycler series of controllers|
If you need to complement your in vitro work with in vivo data, or need certain animal models for therapeutic or disease modeling and pre-clinical data, explore our full line of animal equipment for in vivo modeling.
Equipment consists of various chambers designed to hold animal cages and various compatible controllers that generate appropriate physiologic or pathologic exposures inside the chambers to create the models.
Maximize Reproducibility in DISEASE MODELS:
• Ocular Angiogenesis – Abnormal blood vessel formation in the eye is a major cause of blindness. Conditioning newborn animals with various hyperoxic, hypercapnic exposures, creates rich retinal neovascularization when animals are returned to normal air, and that simulates to various degrees the abnormal blood vessel formation seen in Retinopathy of Prematurity, Diabetic Retinopathy, and Adult Macular Degeneration. These models are used widely to study angiogenesis.
• Pulmonary Hypertension – Chronic hypoxia
• Systemic Hypertension – Chronic intermittent hypoxia
• Apnea– Acute hypoxia and/or hypercapnia
• Sleep Apnea – Chronic periodic intermittent hypoxia and/or hypercapnia
• Apnea of Prematurity – Chronic sporadic hypoxia and/or hypercapnia
• SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) – Progressive acute hypercapnia and hypoxia
• Atherosclerosis – Chronic moderate intermittent hypoxia
• Ischemia (Cardiac Infarction, Stroke, etc.) – Acute hypoxia usually in conjunction with surgical clamping of major artery.
• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) – Chronic ozone exposure followed by moderate progressive chronic hypoxia and/or hypercapnia.
• Pulmonary Fibrosis – Chronic or intermittent ozone exposure.
• ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) – Maternal gestational intermittent hypoxia.
• Polycythemia – Chronic hypoxia
• Developmental Disabilities / Eclampsia – Newborn chronic deep hypoxia in conjunction with surgical ablation procedure
• Recreational Hyperoxia (Oxygen Bars, athletic oxygen supplementation) – Acute hyperoxia
• Recreational Hypoxia (Athletic conditioning) – Chronic periodic moderate hypoxia
• Occupational Hypoxia / Altitude Sickness (airline, observatory astronomers, mining) – Chronic or periodic moderate hypoxia
• Acute Mountain Sickness – Progressive graded hypoxia
OR THERAPEUTIC MODELS:
• Traditional Respiratory Therapy – There's a growing recognition that traditional oxygen supplementation is a two edge sword; along with the immediate benefit there is a long term price to pay. High oxygen causes oxidative damage to cells lining the respiratory tract.
• New Carbon Monoxide Therapy – Carbon monoxia and or hyperoxia or hypoxia and or hypercapnia
• New Nitric Oxide Therapy
• New Hypoxia Therapy
All Animal Products
Animal Cage Enclosures
Dynamic O2 Controller with Multiple Chambers
Dynamic O2 Controller
Static O2 Controller for Larger Volume
Static O2 Controller
Dynamic CO2 Controller
Static O2 Controller
Static CO2 ppm Controller
Dynamic O2/CO2 Controller
Dynamic CO Controller
Dynamic NO Controller
Dynamic NO/NO2 Controller
Hood for Animal Chambers