O2 and CO2 Controller for Live Cell Microscopy
- Full Range O2 and CO2
- Real Time Control
- Dual Stream – Control Gas and Liquid Phase
- Eliminates Inflexibility of Premixed Gas
- Eliminates High Cost of Premixed Gas
- Eliminates Gas Stratification Inaccuracy
- Vertical Footprint Saves Bench Space
- Hypoxia or Hyperoxia for live-cell experiments
- Physiologic oxygen for live-cell research
LIVE CELL MICROSCOPY OPTIMIZATION
The OxyStreamer controller for live cell microscopy provides two identical streams of any mix of oxygen and carbon dioxide gas without the use of premixed gas cylinders. The two output streams can be used to simultaneously condition the atmosphere in microscope stage mount cell culture incubators/chambers and the dissolved O2 and CO2 levels in media or perfusate.
AVOID HASSLES & EXPENSE OF PRE-MIXED GAS
By independently monitoring and controlling O2 and CO2 concentrations of the streams, the OxyStreamer can monitor and proportionally mix (blend) oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrogen gases into any O2 and CO2 concentration in real time.
FULL RANGE O2/CO2 OPTIMIZATION
The OxyStreamer controller for live cell microscopy is easy to use. After calibrating the sensors, the desired concentrations for O2 (0.1-99.9%) and CO2 (0.1-20.0%) are simply entered into their respective controllers. The closed-loop dynamic gas control system will then automatically monitor and adjust the output stream of gas to the pre-programmed gas ratios in the controllers. This technique will maintain the output mixed gas concentration to within 0.2% of the selected setpoint levels.
LIQUID & GAS PHASE SIMULTANEOUSLY
The flow rate for each stream is independently controlled for gas efficiency to provide a reproducible rate at which the gas is delivered to the cell culture chamber and/or diffused into the cell culture media or perfusate.
ELECTRICAL POWER: 12VDC, 6.6AMP
O2 RANGE: 0.1% to 99.9%
CO2 RANGE: 0.1% to 20.0%
ACCURACY: +/- 5% of reading; 2% full scale
O2 SENSOR: Fuel Cell
CO2 SENSOR: Infrared
INLET GAS SUPPLY CONNECTORS: ¼” Hose Barb
OUTLET GAS STREAM CONNECTORS: Plastic quick disconnects for 1/16” and 1/8” ID tubing
FLOW CONTROL: Independent channel flow control: Model SL2CO = 5 to 50 mL/min. Model SH2CO = 30 to 200 mL/min Custom – please call
SERIAL COMMUNICATION: RS-232/RS485 O2
ANALOG OUTPUT: 0-100 mVDC linear
CO2 ANALOG OUTPUT: 0-1 VDC linear
WEIGHT: 10 lb. (controller only)
OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 13.0”L x 9.3”W x 14.2”H
Options include a Windows® based software package that provides trend plotting, data logging, and remote operation via RS connection to your PC. Multiple OxyStreamers can be daisy-chained via optional RS-485 interface.
OxyStreamer eliminates the need for pre-mixed gas. Controller is used primarily to pre-condition perfusion media while simultaneously conditioning headspace above culture.
1. Controller: Bright digits display process values and provides manual user interface to control gas infusion.
2. Alarm Switch: Toggles the alarm function on and off.
3. Calibration Bleed Barbs: Used to calibrate sensors.
4. Bleed Valves and Barbs: Bleeds gas.
5. Stream Flowmeters: Adjusts flow rate of streams.
6. Alarm Receptacle: Connect an appropriate alarm of your choosing to this jack.
7. RS232/RS485 Connections: One cable attaches to a computer and the other cable attaches to another unit, to allow communication with the computer (if applicable).
8. DC Outlets: This port allows optional reading of sensor output voltages through a strip chart recorder.
9. Gas Switch: Toggles gas flow on and off.
10. Control Gas Outlet: Infusion gas supply tubing connects here for streams 1 and 2.
11. Ground Stud: Grounds the unit to prevent electric damage.
12. Power Receptacle: Plug from 12VDC wall mount power supply connects here.
13. Supply Gas Hose Barbs: 1/4” tubing from gas supply connects here.